My Superman

Let me take a minute
To tell you how I feel
About this boy I married
He’s superman, for real!

He’s tall and dark and handsome
A true sight to behold
He’s smart and rich and funny
And quickly growing old

So, maybe I stretch the truth a bit
But ~ he really is quite cool
He’s quite the awesome Daddy
And he’s doing great in school

He swept me off my feet one day
Back in nineteen ninety-nine
I quickly had my mind made up
And was set to make him mine

He hummed and hawed forever
It took him four whole weeks
Before he popped that question
And my hand he did seek

We met and married in Utah
And thought we’d stay a while
But he carried me off to Virginia
With his great big happy smile

From there is was to Texas
Then PA and Raleigh too
It was a lot of packing
But without him I’d be blue

So, across the land I followed
From place to place to place
He’s the one that keeps me going
With that smiling happy face

Along the road we’ve picked up
A hitchhiker or three
They’re sweet and cute and precious
And growing up like weeds

This poem started out to be
A tribute to a man
The one that borrowed raisins
And played the tuba in the band

I thought he had no faults at all
Not true, I came to see
But for this I am grateful
They’re what make him right for me

Thank you for the flowers,
The presents and the notes
But the love you always give me
Is what gets my lasting vote

143 ~Kathryn 

No comments:

Post a Comment