One More Kathryn


Feb 2009

There once was a family, they all went by Chapman
The one thing they lacked was just one more Kathryn.
Now, don’t get me wrong, they already had two
But a 3rd one was needed and John knew what to do

He went off to the Y and searched all around
Until a tall Kathryn in a green coat was found. 
She hap’ly agreed to his get married skeem
For this boy she found out was one tall handsome dream. 

We can’t overlook the day she decided
She opened her heart and to her diary confided
“He made me a chocolate double-tiered cake
This boy, if he asks me, my hand he may take!”

February 14th was the day she wrote that
But John, a bit slow, on his think chair he sat
For two more full weeks, her hopes started to drop
But he finally caught on and the question he popped.

Ten years have gone by since his search she did end.
And now to the fam’ly this message I send.

The last name he gave me the day that we married.
I gratefully took and now I have carried
With honor and love for the Chapmans before me
Especially John, and our Valentine’s story. 

                          ~by Kathryn Chapman 

No comments:

Post a Comment